Our Expectations When You Start Your Assignment
-Dress Appropriately for the nature of work you are performing. All employees who work on the warehouse floor, operate power equipment or drive trucks must wear CSA approved foot protection such as safety shoes.
-Arrive Before Time. Plan enough time for travel so that you arrive at the job site on time or even a little early.
- Be Ready to start work.
- Introduce Yourself to the person you will report to
- At the start of your shift give your supervisor your full name and the agency name.
- Make sure you sign in and out at the beginning and end of your shifts.
- Be A Team Player- respect others.
- Demonstrate maturity and good judgment.
- Accept Criticism in a gracious manner.
- Show Initiative.
- Be resourceful
- Learn and Apply New Skills.
- No Cell Phones.
- Make personal calls at lunch or other scheduled breaks. No long distance calls on customer lines.
- Be discrete. Keep the client's work confidential. Your pay rate is your own Business. Don't discuss with others.
- Don't become involved in workplace gossip.
- Never Walk Off The Job. You Must call the office before you even think of leaving the job site. Be aware that this can jeopardize your own credibility and reflects poorly on us as your employer and any other Sunrise Employment employees working at that job location.
-Absenteeism on a regular basis will result in termination. Call us immediately if you will be absent from work or if you are going to show up late.
- Failure to Report to work for two consecutive shifts without providing an acceptable reason for your absence to your Supervisor or to Sunrise Employment Services will be regarded as quitting your employment.
- Report Immediately to us if:
You are being harassed by your supervisor or other employees
The duties you are asked to perform differ significantly from what you were originally advised.
Working conditions are unhealthy and dangerous.
- Observe and comply with all health and safety rules at the workplace.
- Two-way communication is very important; it helps us address and solve your concerns
Keep Us Informed
We need to know your whereabouts for our records and also to keep up a work schedule for you. Advise us of any changes to your address, phone, or cell. We need to know when your assignment is about to end or if the Client wants you back at a later date; also if the Client offers you permanent work.
REPORT IMMEDIATELY ANY WORK RELATED ACCIDENT OR INJURY REGARDLESS SERIOUSNESS.